Mmmmm Food! 

I’m really hating this weather.  As a kid I used to love it!  Loved skiing and sledding! (and making jumps to fly over) But now, I miss the beach.  Maybe after all of this grad school I’ll go move to the south of France or a nice island in the Caribbean.

Anywho, I wanted to dedicate this post to staying warm.
And I’m such a foodie, so let’s talk about staying warm with food! (MBAPA Students need to eat sometimes!!)
My favorite food in this chilly weather is Pho!  (even though I can never pronounce this right)
It is a Vietnamese soup of rice noodles, broth, meat, and herbs.
I have a few go-to places for it and all have been “Good Eats” so far! 

Loved this show growing up! Now, love watching Cutthroat Kitchen that Alton Brown hosts!

In Rochester, my most favorite version is at Han Noddle Bar. If you’re ever in Roc City, I totally suggest checking this place out. They have my favorite food in the world too: pork belly steamed buns!
(I know. I know. It’s Chinese and not Vietnamese. But I LOVE that place!)

Han Noodle Bar
687 Monroe Ave, Rochester, NY

Since most of us don’t want to drive that far in this frozen wonderland, there are three great places for pho in the city that I totally recommend (They’re all pretty great, so these are in alphabetical order instead.)

Pork Belly Steamed Buns from Han Noodle Bar (photo form Yelp)

Roast Duck Noodle Bowl from Han Noodle Bar (a bit different from Beef Pho, photo from Yelp)

Pho Dollar
322 West Ferry Street, Buffalo, NY

Great broth and large portions.  Open and comfortable dining space with friendly staff.  Lots of customers love getting their take-out too.

Beef Pho from Pho Dollar with Sriracha (photo from Yelp)

Pho 99 (99 Fast Food Restaurant)
3396 Bailey Ave, Buffalo, NY

Casual dining that reminds you of a fast food place, but friendly staff and lots of great menu options beyond pho. Truly Vietnamese food and no hybrid options, but they make awesome dishes!  Broth and noodles and beef options are plentiful.

Beef Pho from Pho 99 (photo from Yelp)

Sun Restaurant
1989 Niagara Street, Buffalo, NY

Their version of Pho is quite interactive if you get it with the rare beef slices. Yummy broth and garnishes to add to it as well. More of a high-end atmosphere but still affordable.

Beef Pho from Sun Restaurant (photo from their website)

The video below is from this week’s Cutthroat Kitchen After Show, where Alton Brown spoke to the show’s latest guest judge about the sabotages that the contestants had to endure.  (The judge doesn’t know of the sabotages when picking the best dish each round.)

http://youtu.be/9c0uIlJ8Hk8?list=PLpfv1AIjenVMw0Ij-3tI7aQ4-d9f9LVwQ