What a wonderful day outside! This weather is about as close to perfect as it has been since I’ve been here. In the high 60’s/low 70’s with a breeze? Yes, please! I’m excited to get closer to the summer in Buffalo because EVERYONE says that it is great. I have been online, checking out some festivals and other happenings during the summer and found some cool things. Taste of Buffalo, the National Buffalo Wing Festival, the Hellenic Festival, what could beat that? Not much. It’s going to be my first summer outside of North Carolina and I am excited to escape 97 degree days with 100% humidity. No more sweating by just standing outside for five minutes! But we still got to make it through the rest of spring first and I am just getting ahead of myself.

I have been doing some self reflection recently, really trying to figure out what exactly it is that I want to do in this world. Do I want to work in a college setting? Or would I be better suited for something else? I’m not quite sure yet but all answers will come at the right time. I am sure of that. Right now, I just have to stay focused on working hard and performing well, and the rest will take care of itself.

I watched Jurassic Park over the weekend and remembered how much I love that movie. The CGI is groundbreaking for its time, the suspense and overall appeal is top notch, Dr. Ian Malcolm’s Chaos obsession is fun, and the best part about it is the music. I could listen to the Jurassic Park theme all day long.

That’s all for now. And with that I leave you with words of wisdom from the great Michael Jackson. “If you want to make the world a better place, just look at yourself and make a change.”