In May of 2012 I began one of my most valued personal goals: achieving an MBA.  The choice was obvious when deciding on a school; Canisius had an outstanding reputation for their accounting program.  The fact that Canisius students consistently rank among the top in New York State in regards to passing the CPA exam made my decision an easy one.  When I began this journey I knew I was in for a great challenge, but half way through I can say that this has already proven to be a rewarding experience.

The MBAPA program is driven by an outstanding faculty.  Professors constantly challenge us to achieve academic success and take a genuine interest in our results.  It’s always a great feeling to know that your professors are approachable when you need advice.  From my experience, it is apparent that the Canisius facultly does much more than teach in the classroom.   Professors do an excellent job networking on our behalf to help us develop important relationships that will prepare us to transition into the professional environment.  I have already attended networking events such as the Business Awards Dinner and Meet The Accountants Night that have given me face-to-face contact with the firms I hope to eventually work with.

As I progress through my academic requirements, I know that the knowledge I am obtaining is putting me in a great position for future success.  I am extremely excited for the opportunities that are becoming available for me through the MBAPA program.