Well, it’s finally here, hockey fans’ favorite time of the year, Stanley Cup playoff time.  I won’t say who I’m cheering for, but if you know me at all, you can probably figure it out.  I’ve been looking at tickets to try to get to some of the playoff games, but who knows if time or money will allow.  Along with having free time from schoolwork to travel, I’m hoping I can get a couple days off to travel at some point this summer — need to get out of Rochester for a little while, have some fun with people I haven’t seen in a while. We will have to wait and see how that works out.

As for classes, I can’t believe we’re almost done with this semester.  I can’t believe I will have my second master’s degree by August; this just seems so crazy.  One of my roommates and I have been talking, and she will be done with school this summer as well.  She’s a medical student in England, so she has more opportunities finding a job over there.  The job market here is so frustrating.  It’s hard to not get down on myself, seems like I apply to more jobs, but nothing seems to be coming through.  My friends tell me that I just have to hold out and the right job will find me, and I hope that’s true.  Whoever said being a grown-up was easy was sadly mistaken, but I’m really looking forward to getting a full time job and being a “grown up”.  Well, time for homework, then going to watch the kid I babysit play some hockey.  Until next time…