peteyFor the past two years I have been fortunate to attend Canisius College in one of the best Sport Administration Master’s programs in the country. Having finished my Master’s last week and with graduation ahead, all of my experiences, professional connections, and knowledge I have gained from the MSA program has prepared me for my future career path in athletics. The MSA program, along with my graduate assistantship, gave me hands on experience in professional sports with the Buffalo Bills in game day guest services, planning and executing a bowling charity event for the Special Olympics from the ground up, soliciting sponsorship, sports marketing, and writing press releases. My classes also gave me extensive knowledge in managing sports facilities, risk management, moral issues in sport, and sports business.

The personal connections I made through the program are beyond measurable. The professors are experts in their field and are always willing to assist their students with anything they need. The more connections you can make, the more opportunities you will have. Each and every experience and opportunity allow you to discover your area of passion and move closer to your dream job. Not to mention the MSA program contains over 500 alumni spread across 38 states and 8 countries. With an alumni network this big, the possibilities are endless.

I am confident that this program has provided me with the knowledge I need for a career in sports while also opening many doors of opportunity. During this program, the opportunities in sport are always presented to you as a student and it is up to you to go after the opportunities that you feel best fit your career goals and aspirations. I am excited for what the future holds and I am ever grateful for my education and experiences during the MSA program.