So here I am, watching the Knicks play and updating everyone on the happenings around Buffalo and the Canisius community. The weather has been interesting in the past week. After some sun and warmth, the snow came back to Buffalo! It was something I certainly did not expect to see again until the Fall came around, but I am a rookie here. Being from North Carolina, I actually like the snow, but I’ll keep you updated on that if it continues to snow in April.

Speaking of North Carolina, I appreciate all of the kind words and thoughts that people have given me, in response to the tornados that touched down in my home state. Luckily for me, all my family and friends remained safe. Unfortunately that was not the case for all. I ask you all to keep the people of North Carolina in your thoughts during this time.

I have spent most of the past week in class and doing homework. I only have one class this week! But, I do have a presentation in that one class. My topic deals with the commercialization of student athletes, which is quite interesting. I feel confident in the paper/presentation that my group has put together and I believe that we will have a great performance. Most of my other school work has been focused on another presentation that I have next week as well as studying for my statistics test that I had last Thursday. I don’t want to jinx it, but I feel pretty good about that test!

In internship news, the WNY Flash won their inaugural match in the WPS on Sunday! The Flash beat Boston 2-1 in the contest. I got to travel to the airport to help welcome Marta to Buffalo and the team. Marta is a five-time FIFA World Player of the Year so that was a cool experience. She should certainly help the team out a lot as the season progresses.

And as a random side note, I heard that Scream 4 was pretty bad. This is disappointing news, as I have a strange fascination to the other movies in the franchise. I don’t really like horror movies but the Scream series is sort of a strong parody to the genre, with a little suspense mixed in. I’ll still probably see it, but I was hoping for a well received review.

Everyone root for the Knicks tonight! See you next week.