Hello readers,

I am sitting here writing on March 22nd and can you believe it, it is 78 degrees and sunny.  Who said that Buffalo is ALWAYS freezing? I can’t believe that March is almost over.  As cliché as it sounds, time is really going by so fast.

Like usual, this week has been busy so far.  On Monday, we came back from Spring Break, one that was restful for me because my two first session classes ended and my second session classes had not begun.  Therefore, it was really a true break, at least from school!  Also, it was well worth it because I found out that I got A’s in both of my classes.  Despite the fact that working full-time and going to school in difficult, I proved that I could do it successfully once again.

For this session, I am taking Health Impacts on Academic Success K-12 and I am doing an Independent Study based on another class that is being offered, State of the Nation’s Child.  Kathy Hassey, the same professor that co-taught Leadership Initiatives is teaching Health Impacts and I am LOVING it.  The focus of this week is to introduce us to the vital role of school nurses in every school system. Kathy required us to post on VoiceThread to introduce ourselves.  I had some experience with VoiceThread from my previous class with her, so it was much less difficult to work with this time around.  It was nice to be able to hear about the different backgrounds of the students in the class and put a face to the names.

Kathy presented us with documents and videos to view for this week.  They discussed Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs and the importance of school nurses.  Also, there were documents from the National Association of School Nurses (NASN) and Healthy People 2020 to read.  It is nice to receive the most up-to-date information in the most convenient place.

Stay tuned to see what assignments I will be working on…..