Let’s hop into the DeLorean, fire up the flux capacitor, gun it to 88 mph and take a trip back in time. About nine months ago, I was in North Carolina. I had recently graduated from North Carolina State University and all of that joy and elation came with confusion and frustration. I had no full time job, and I didn’t even really know what it was that I wanted to do. It was somewhat like Chris Moltisanti in The Sopranos when he was trying to decide what it is he had passion for, the movie industry or the “family”. I hope to end up much differently than Mr. Moltisanti, let’s just leave it at that.

Anyways, back to our time travel. So it’s July, I am sitting at home, looking through job description after job description. I come across a job posting for a compliance position in the College of Charleston athletic department. Something seemed to click when I read it. An unexplained feeling came about. It seemed….right. The search was on. I was looking for a way to further my education as well as better prepare me for a career that I had a lot of interest in. Canisius College was that choice. I would be moving to Buffalo, NY not knowing a soul and never living outside the boarder of NC.

I came to Canisius this January with a lot of expectations, a lot of nerves, and a lot of unknown. Canisius has met every expectation that I had, exceeded them in some aspects. Nerves have diminished and the unknown is still, well, it’s still unknown. But, this first semester has been a great experience. I have experienced great professors, talked with many people in the sport industry, and just had a wonderful time. The next couple of semesters are something that I really look forward to. I still might not know exactly what it is that I am supposed to do, but every day here I feel like I get closer to that answer.

I am signing off for now. Everyone have a great summer and always remember, “Roads, where we’re going we don’t need roads.”