I have been making a lot of progress with school work! There is still a lot more left to do, but I am proud of what I have accomplished so far this semester! It’s been a very busy semester, which is why it has moved along so fast!

I am currently working hard in all of my classes, but especially for my unit plan in my one class. It has been really interesting learning all about the needs of gifted students and for how to use strategies to teach these unique students! Now I am trying to tie all I have learned together and apply it to actual lessons that I can use with gifted students in the future. My unit is going to be on Elements of Fiction so I’m going to teach about theme, character traits, etc. Some of the big gifted education strategies that I am going to incorporate into the unit include technology, SCAMPER, DeBono’s 6 Thinking Hats, and possibly a Squiggle! These are all strategies that I want to try to implement in my lessons because they are so great for gifted students needs. These strategies foster creativity, higher-order thinking, multiple perspectives, and engagement in gifted students learning. These strategies can  be used by teachers to appropriately challenge gifted learners so they are not bored in the classroom. I have not actually created my unit yet, but within the next two weeks I will hopefully do so, as well as work on my other assignments too. Lots of stuff to do in the next few weeks, I hope I stay healthy! (I have a tendency to get sick when I have a lot to do in short time periods!)

I am also working on some ideas for my guided reading lesson for my literacy course which has also been somewhat challenging since I have not done a lesson quite like this in my past experiences. Although,  I will start start working on building ideas within the next 2 weeks, and I will put it together soon!

I will post about my progress on these major assignments soon! 🙂