So it’s 2:38 am on Tuesday, May 3, 2011.  I have made the horrible choice to stay up as long as I can tonight to finish one of my finals that I may have put off a little too long.  While it’s not due right away, I generally like to work through papers until I’m finished so I don’t get side-tracked.  I was planning on starting it yesterday night, but with all of the events that unfolded — I was on the phone with friends at West Point and checking in with my family, some of which are traveling this week.

I generally do not like to pull all nighters, but as we all know, finals weeks are never fun and it seems like everything is due on one day. You never have enough time to get to everything done, so we stay up all night, overdose on caffeine (my choices are coffee & SF Red Bull), along with trying to balance the other things in our lives, such as families and jobs.

I worked on one assignment this morning, then went to work, got home, and started on this beast of a paper.  I’m about half way done and I’ve been working on it for about 3 hours, but I’m also easily distracted and keep checking facebook, and texting, and job postings.  My mind is just not into this paper currently.  I’m still super stressed about finding a job, and even more worried about how summer classes are going to go.  I’m trying to stay concentrated on this weeks assignments and not the summer.

I’m also rather frustrated, as I have a professor who chooses not to answer e-mails.  As I do not attend classes on campus currently, unless I want to make a 2 hour drive to hope they’re in their office when I get there, and with the price of gas, that doesn’t really seem like a good option.  This is not the first time I’ve had a problem with this professor this semester, but it doesn’t seem like there’s much I can do about it.  But because this question has to do with a final, I’d really love a response, sometime in the near future, so I’m not sitting here the night before it’s due, not knowing if I’m completing the project correctly.

The job search, well, nothing new or exciting to report there.  Still applying like crazy, not getting much response.  Reached out to a couple contacts I have to see if they know of any openings out there, so hopefully one of them can help me out.  Everyone tells me to be patient, I’m just not sure what I’m going to do if I don’t have a job by the time my student loans come due.  Seeing as this is my second masters program, my payments aren’t going to be manageable without having a full time job to help pay them.  Trying to remain positive and keeping in contact with people to see if they have any leads.  I guess that’s all I can do for now.

Ok, back to the paper, took my little time out to write how stressed I am, but it will be over soon enough….then it begins again!