Hello everyone! I am excited to write my first post. Though my topic might not be exciting the end result is. We have a month left in our spring semester and all the work is piling up. Paper, projects and exam preparations fill our time and our mind. We have to get them done. We have no choice. So the month beings…

clock

Looking at your calendar and how close the due dates and deadlines are you start to plan out every second of every day. You plan what you are going to do, who you are going to see, what time you have to go to work and if you are lucky you might think about how long you are going to be able to sleep. Mapping out my life has become a daily part of my routine. I plan out everything down to how many articles I need to read before I allow myself to get up to get some water or go to sleep. I say to myself, take it one day at a time, you can do this and/or just think of yourself on a beach somewhere with a drink in your hand.

beach

The semester is almost done, there are 4 weeks left of classes. So why do your professors insist on assigning the same due date to EVERY final project, paper and exam that you have! Is this their way of testing us to see if we can hold through all the pressure that they are putting on us?

We may never know. All I know is that I have 4 papers and 4 exams in the last 4 weeks of the semester. And it’s time to get it done.

The fact of the matter is that we are in graduate school for a reason. We wanted to grow in our fields. You could have stopped going to school after you got your Bachelor’s degree but what fun would that be? I wanted to make myself a more knowledgeable person and help people when they feel like they can’t touch the ground. So when I think about the due dates and the examinations they do not seem so bad. I put on my professional glasses and see that what I am doing and learning is something that I would not change for anything. But switching back to my student glasses I feel like I am so done with the semester and it needed to end yesterday. This is part of the deal yes I know and there are only 4 more weeks to go.

heygirl

-Amanda Feron