• Encourage your student to go to the Griff Center for resume and cover letter reviews, practice interviews, networking tips and general career counseling
• Assist your student in picking out professional attire to wear to interview and networking events
• Remind your student to send thank you emails and/or notes to anyone they meet at professional development events; this
is a great way to stay in touch!
• Call or follow up with any employers on their behalf; students should complete all professional outreach themselves
• Set up their voicemail or read their emails; encourage them to keep up with all correspondence in a timely manner
• Correspond with employers regarding internship/job search or offers; staff in the Griff Center is available to
help students navigate this process.
The Griff Center is located in Old Main 013 and is open throughout the summer to assist in your student’s career development.