Every year, GEICO holds a National Achievement Awards Program, recognizing outstanding students for their dedication to academics, leadership, and commitment to their campus and community.  This year, 34 recipients nationwide received a $2500 award each.  Canisius College is proud to announce that Natalia Christiano, a junior Management major at Canisius College, is a recipient of this award.  Natalia shared her thoughts after learning that she was chosen for this award.

“When I received the letter informing me that I won the national GEICO Achievement Award, I was ecstatic. It was such a blessing that will allow me to officially graduate debt free. I learned about this opportunity from an email from the Griff Center. I began applying, but when I realized it was a “national” scholarship I almost stopped applying. I never would have thought that I would have been selected to be the winner of this award. For any student not sure whether they should apply to something or not…just do it! You never know what opportunities are available; therefore, allowing yourself to have the chance is crucial! I am beyond thankful for this scholarship and for the opportunity to be recognized for this award.”