I attended Griff Fair as my networking event at Canisius a few weeks back. It was my first time attending a networking event and I really enjoyed it. When you walk in at first it’s a little overwhelming just due to the fact of how many people are actually there. You don’t really know where to start.

When I got there I decided to take a quick walk around to just get a sense of what companies were there. I made a list in my head as I went around all the tables of which ones I wanted to come back to. I ended up stopping at Rich’s, Freed Maxick, PSE, and Just For Kids.

I have always heard a lot of positive things from Rich’s so I just wanted to learn more about their marketing side of things. My mom has been an accountant at Freed for many years and I had just had a one-on-one meeting with their Digital Marketing Strategist for my informational interview. I ventured around to PSE to catch up with the recruiter who I’ve gotten to know through my current internship and talked to Just For Kids about marketing and digital media.

I do think this job fair was tailored to more of an accounting business setting this time around, but I did my best to make the most of it and I enjoyed talking to the people that I spoke to.