How could someone not have any anticipation for starting their first ever internship? My internship is for 12 credit hours- the most that someone can take in a single semester. I’m working 32 hours a week and it’s so different from what I’ve been doing the other seven semesters at Canisius. The good thing is that I’m at the point where I’m settling in. I have my own desk space for my personal items, my own key fob, my own parking pass, a company email with their signature and my name at the bottom- it’s really the little things that are making it easier. 

Beforehand, my wardrobe was unequipped to be in the professional world four days a week. But in turn, my closet is shiny new now. Being a week and a half in this new position and using the shiny new wardrobe every day, is probably one of the bigger adjustments that I’ve had to make that many of you would be able to relate to. I used to be able to roll out of bed, throw my hair in a ponytail, put on what was on the floor, and run out the door for a class I had woken up 15 minutes prior for. Now, I have to be at work by 8am and my alarm goes off at 6:30am. I’m finding myself in a movie montage of a girl getting ready with extensive steps- hair tools are plugged in, makeup sprawled across the bathroom counter, in my closet looking at what I have with my hand on my hip and my pointer finger tapping my bottom lip with a puzzled look on my face.

As for the workload at the actual internship, I’m in the training phase and currently undergoing LinkedIn Academy with a pile of videos and quizzes to complete about Adobe Suites before the team lets me take a stab at creating content for them. It isn’t bad at all, which is why this is towards the end of my blog. It’s tedious work however, but at the end of the day, I’ll have the certificates of completion that I could take with me after this internship to further my credibility and possibility of future employment. .