This is my blog entry 1: anticipation/starting/settling into your internship.

During my first week as an intern at Rich Products, I was not sure what to expect. When I walked in, I was excited to work at this company since it is the first corporation I will have experience working at. I had recognized one of their spaces that they sometimes rent out for special events or occasions. There are many different parts of the building with many floors dedicated to their respective departments. They have associate identification cards and their own café on the main floor. Depending on the building you are in, this determines how the working spaces are set up. Some have a nomadic design to it where there are no desks assigned to associates, and others have specified working areas for associates.

I was able to get my email and computer set up with their system, as well as meet the associates in my department. I reviewed branding guidelines for the company and completed some basic training to start out my internship. On my first day, my advisor treated me to lunch at the café and I was able to try their food for the first time. There was a make-your-own salad bar and a dessert station. I went with a chicken salad with chickpeas, tomatoes, and cucumbers. I added a piece of white cake with a white chocolate ganache filling. Overall, I am excited to be interning at Rich Products and cannot wait to see what comes next!