As the fall semester comes to a close, it’s a great time to reflect on my past few months as a Multimedia Reporter with Canisius Athletics. When I pitched this idea to enhance the coverage of our student-athletes, I did not expect to have such a great response to the content plan that I created. I’ve been fortunate to have the creative freedom and the trust of my supervisors as I’ve used my previous experiences at Pegula Sports & Entertainment to my advantage on how to cover our programs.

The attraction our new content has received on social media has placed us toward the top of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference, and our broadcasts on ESPN+ have continued to receive high praise. I’ve seen improvements in my on-camera presence over the last few months due to the high number of reps this opportunity has provided me.

I committed to being with the Canisius Athletic department until the end of the spring sports season, so I’m excited to see where I’m at around graduation. Now that I only have two classes remaining to earn my degree, it gives me more time to focus on improving our coverage while compiling all of my highlights for an updated demo real. I now have my eyes set on winning the Jim Nantz award, which goes to the best undergraduate broadcaster in the country, which is something I believe is attainable for me.

I hope you all had terrific experiences at your internship, and have a wonderful holiday!