This Tuesday marked my first full week interning at Buffalo Rising and it has met all my expectations! During my internship, I will be writing a six part series about Buffalo’s fashion culture. My series will focus on Buffalo’s fashion designers and their background in the fashion industry. My main objective with this series is to highlight the fashion culture here in Buffalo. There is a whole community and culture surrounding fashion in Buffalo that many people don’t know about.

Bringing light to this community is important to me because not only will it bring attention to talented creators here in Buffalo, but it will also help build a platform for those who are interested in fashion. Creating this outlet for people is an incredibly daunting task, however the culture around fashion is something that I am extremely passionate about and I want others who are like me, to be able to express their passions in a welcoming environment.

Going forward, I am extremely excited to meet with designers and learn about the culture. This week has been really eye opening to the journalism field and I cannot wait to see what next week brings!