BrightPath Early Learning and Child Care Center has given me so many skills throughout this semester. Looking back at my time during my human resources internship, I am happy to say that I have learned so many new and important attributes. I learned more at this internship than I ever imagined I would. I am no longer anxious about making professional phone calls, rather, I embrace them and confidently can call someone without fear of freezing up mid-call. I am also excited to have worked with a variety of online programs that are relevant to HR, which has prepared me for other HR roles in the future.

Not only have I been able to work in different areas of HR, but I have also been given many small projects that have helped me juggle my time and to prioritize multiple projects all at once: employment verifications, calling and surveying new-hires, relevant HR research, and establishing an office stress relief check-in. My team was also very welcoming and always introduced new topics of HR to me. One of my favorite experiences was when I was asked to sit in on a few interviews. It was so fascinating to actually sit in on an interview because I have studied interviewing many times in my classes. I have also prepared for countless interviews in my lifetime, so it was fascinating being able to sit on the other side of the table.

I am so thankful for my internship at BrightPath. Not only have I learned many HR skills that I will continue to use in my professional life, but I have also learned life skills that I can implement into my daily life: confidence, assertiveness, and the ability to be head strong. I cannot wait to take what I have learned to a new chapter of my life upon graduating from Canisius College this Spring. I look forward to the next chapter in life, and I can confidently say that BrightPath has prepared me for whatever comes my way.