It was thrilling to hear that the Canisius Griff Center would be hosting the Griff Fair in-person this year! This being my senior year, I knew that this event would be worthwhile and exciting for me. The Canisius College Griff Fair was on March 31, 2022, in Science Hall at Canisius College. There were over fifty employers at the event. Attendees (mainly students), would walk around the room and stop to talk to employers that piqued their interest. It was great to see my peers enthusiastically discuss their accomplishments and future plans with employers.

I only spoke with a few employers that I knew were sourced in Rochester, NY. There were many employers that were either based in Rochester, had branches in Rochester, or had ties/connections with other companies in Rochester. Everyone that I met was extremely kind and knowledgeable about the companies they were representing. It was genuinely interesting speaking with many people that work in the position that I would like to in the future. I would love to go into talent and recruitment, which can often mean attending job fairs. I asked many people about their thoughts on their own positions and their role in the company, which was rather helpful for my own future.

This remarkable tradition made quite the amazing comeback this year after virtual fairs due to COVID-19. Overall, the fair was successful and very helpful for may students. I made some meaningful connections and look forward to seeing where they lead to. I had a particularly enjoyable time at this event and would urge all students to attend next year. Get your resumes ready, Griffs!