My name is Hunter Lobur Cummins. I am a junior here at Canisius College. I major in Journalism and Communication with a Sports Broadcasting Concentration. I am interning at Buffalo State College. I am the play-by-play broadcaster for their men’s and women’s basketball teams, women’s and men’s hockey teams, and some spring season sports that are TBD. I also write game previews for the college’s athletic website for the games that I announce. So far, I have called two hockey games, one men’s and one women’s. This Friday I will have my first experience with broadcasting college basketball. Leading up to the start of this internship, I was excited, though a slight bit tense because I would be heard by a larger mass of people than ever before. I was ready to get going with the program though, as it is exactly what I hope to do for a career- be a play-by-play sports broadcaster. I have settled in very nicely, I have forged a great relationship with my advisor and his assistant, as well as some Buffalo State students who do color commentary and video work on the broadcast with me and for the teams. I look forward to each game day, as it is a chance for me to narrate what I see unfold in front of me to the various broadcast listeners. From my first to second broadcast, I have already noticed improvements that I made, which is something that will be of great value to continue to seek out. I even called a goalie goal in my second ever game, quite a rare occurrence! My voice could be faintly heard on ESPN’s SportsCenter the following day when the clip was shown, so that was pretty special for me to find out. I am looking forward to continuing as the PXP man for Bengal athletics, and writing game previews as well.