Hi everybody! I’m Jonathan Skuza, a major in Journalism with a concentration in Sports Journalism/Broadcasting and a minor in Communication. I’m interning at the Canisius College Athletic Communication Office and I hope it will be a great learning experience for me.
This internship is a great opportunity for me to get my feet wet in the sports journalism/broadcasting field. At my internship, I have many different responsibilities depending on the day. On game days currently, I help keep track of statistics for Canisius College’s hockey team. I have also shadowed the broadcasters of the hockey team because that is the field I am most interested in. When I go into the office on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I get tasked currently updating the Canisius College’s soccer teams bios for the school’s athletic site gogriffs.com.
I will be getting more into the broadcasting side of things once spring sports start up for Canisius. Also, I hope to write a couple of stories for gogriffs.com as well.
Overall, I’m settling in nicely with my internship. I have met a lot of new people already and have started to make some connections that will help me later on down the road. I can’t wait to get into the full swing of internship. I’m excited about things to come!

(Enjoy this cheesy picture of me in the office)