Hi all! My name is Liana Posella, a senior at Canisius College double majoring in Psychology and Communication Studies and double minoring in Human Resource Management and Child, Family, and Community Studies. I am very excited to be working with BrightPath Early Learning and Child Care Center this semester as an HR Assistant Intern.

I have already been given many responsibilities such as employee verifications, calling new employees after 30 days and asking them how things are going with the organization, and organizing offer letters into a different software using Excel. I have learned so much already in such a brief time period.

Leading up to the internship, I was excited to work in a new HR setting that I had never worked in before. Since this is my second HR internship, I had an idea of what to expect, but every company and workplace is different. So, I was looking forward to learning how BrightPath manages human resources.

Overall, things are going very well at my internship. Everyone has been so kind and welcoming. I am becoming more comfortable with my co-workers and learning so much, by picking up projects to complete independently. I look forward to what is yet to come!