Wow! Has this internship/semester flown by or what. In the beginning of the semester, I was super overwhelmed– scared of not being able to completely grasp the concept of post-processing or the additive manufacturing world! However, I happy to say that after completely this internship I’ve learned a ton about not only the additive manufacturing world but about startups, company culture, B2B marketing, and much more! Here are my top takeaways from this semester:
- Working for a startup is fun, collaborative, and flexible! We worked in an open office with a full kitchen and lounge area, no cubicles! This allowed for easy collaboration with colleagues from different departments.
- In B2B marketing, there’s plenty of ways you can sell without selling. Examples could be: hosting a webinar, sharing a helpful piece of content (blog, social media post/link), or helping a customer troubleshoot a problem.
- This is an easy one: Always ask questions. Most of the time you’ll find someone just as confused as you are and you’ll both locate the right person who has the solution.
- Use the data collected to show you what works. Data driven solutions come from data driven marketing.
- Additive manufacturing is a whole new world for me! There’s so much innovation happening, super exciting to be a part of but also stressful to stay on top of the trends.