Hi everyone, my name is Christina Barraco, and I’m a senior at Canisius College. I am double majoring in Digital Media Arts and Integrated Marketing Communication. I started my journey at Canisius in premed but realized I would be happier working in the advertising or entertainment industry. After I graduate, I’m looking to get into either social media marketing, film and television, or anything in the creative field. 

This semester I am taking on my first internship at Step Out Buffalo, where I am making and scheduling social media content for their Instagram, Facebook, and Tiktok. Step Out Buffalo is the place to go to find out what you can do in the WNY area. For Instagram, I put together stories, posts, and I interact with followers and our target audience. On Facebook, I essentially do the same thing that I do for Instagram minus the stories. Lastly, for TikTok, I put together videos, edit, and upload them. The type of content I make is on different businesses and activities in WNY and Buffalo content in general that will do well with our target audience. 

Leading up to the internship, I was nervous since I didn’t know what I was going to do but, two weeks before my first day, I got small exercise assignments that demonstrated what tasks I’d have. My first official week was a little different due to me being under the weather but, I worked remotely and my outcome of the week was 21 Instagram posts, one Instagram story, and two TikToks! These tasks match the kind of experience I want to gain, and it’s going great so far. That’s basically what went on my first week, and I can’t wait to see how the rest of the internship goes!

I haven’t gotten any photos of me at my internship yet, so for now, here is a photo of me so you can put a face to the blog!