Hello BC&C readers! My name is Cara Smith, I am a Senior Communication/Political Science dual major and I am thrilled to be interning at my home away from home… Canisius College! With major thanks to Dr. Wanzer and Dr. Irwin, I will be working within our very own Communication Department at Lyons Hall this semester, focusing on student engagement/media promotion in an effort to help spread word about the amazing opportunities students can benefit from with degrees in this field. Throughout this semester, I will be assisting in organizing Communication Department events, conducting interviews with alumni, as well as compiling photos and feedback from our students to create exciting, updated informational media for prospective students about who we are and what we have to offer. In doing so, my goal is to attract new people to our department as well as shine a light on so many extremely talented current students and alumni, who have gone through these programs whether that be in Communication, Journalism, Integrated Marketing Communication, Digital Media Arts, or Strategic Communication. I am ecstatic to be a part of this community of people who have made my undergraduate experience unforgettable and I hope to help provide those same experiences to new students through my work this semester. It has been a great first week in this new position, filled with exciting events to look forward to and work that I enjoy! I’m eager to see what this internship holds for me as I work and learn alongside an incredible team who are equally passionate about the future of the Communication Department. Stay tuned!!