Hi all! My name is Emma Schiedel and I am the Social Media Marketing Intern at The W Spa in Clarence Center, New York. As a junior in the Integrated Marketing Communications program at Canisius College, I have a special interest in analytics and SEO. Check out my blog post on our website to learn a little more about me! ➡️ HERE!

A “day in the life”–  One thing I love most about my internship so far is the range of skills and tasks that I’m learning about. First, I work closely with my supervisor every week, designing brand-aligned Instagram and Facebook posts and/or stories to promote current marketing campaigns. On Fridays, I will update and monitor Google Ads and paid advertising campaigns, while analyzing and fine-tuning marketing efforts. These updates I make to our Google advertisements are presented and approved by my supervisor. Along with web analytics, I will strategize social media marketing campaigns from the backend with Instagram and Facebook insights. Each week I report findings on weekly meetings. Additionally, I will shoot content by taking pictures and/or videos when needed. Check us out: Instagram & Facebook!

Currently, I am working towards becoming certified in Google Adwords and analytics. Not only will completing this goal be beneficial for me, but it will also allow me to be a better asset to the company, expanding my education in something a lot of people may not specialize in.

Final thoughts — I feel really great about my internship. Working for a women-owned small business is empowering and I’m blessed to have this opportunity to learn from them. I consider myself to be a go-getter and in the beginning, I set some high expectations for myself (too high). However, my supervisor has brought me back down to earth, reassuring and working with me in gaining some creative leadership skills, upping my confidence in the work I produce for them.