Hello everyone! My name is Tessa Pszonak. I am a senior at Canisius College studying Communication Studies and Digital Media Arts. This semester, I am doing a remote internship at Arts Services Initiative of Western New York Inc. Arts Services Initiative focuses on helping artists as well as art organizations in the Western New York Area with funding, programs and events, and access to the arts within the community. To learn more about this amazing non- profit organization, check out their website!

I will be helping out with a little bit of everything. I am really intrigued with all of what they do, so I am going to learn more about each sector by completing different kinds of assignments throughout my internship. Currently, they are planning their virtual event, Creative Professionals Exchange (CPX), which is a 2 day conference that focuses on what is going on in the art industry in Buffalo. This year, the topics include equity, access, and inclusion in the arts.

The pandemic has made this an interesting and challenging time to work in the arts industry. I hope to learn a lot and contribute creatively at my internship. I have a passion for the arts and am excited to use it in any way I can at Arts Services Initiative this semester!

Masked up with the ASI team!