Hi all,

I’m Andrea, a senior who is interning full-time with Councilmember Joel Feroleto in City Hall. Before I started in my current role, I was in the same office but with minimal responsibilities. I mostly answered phones and took notes (very boring). Now, I have a whole new set of responsibilities on top of my old ones which include running a monthly newsletter, meeting with business owners in our district, organizing new artists to add to our Hertel Murals and running the Hertel Walls social media accounts. I was so excited to update my responsibilities. I was ready for a new challenge and wanted to gain as much experience as possible before graduation. It was a smooth transition seeing as I was already familiar with the staff, but I was still a little nervous for all of my new responsibilities because I don’t want to let anyone down. The most nerve-racking part for me was the first day I went around to business on Hertel because I was by myself. I ended up doing a great job and making many connections! 

Here is a picture of me and one of the Hertel Walls. Check out our Instagram @HertelWalls and take a picture to be featured. 😊 

IMG_5697.jpeg