Hello! My name is Simone Riter and I’m interning at Quinlan, an advertising agency located in Larkinville. This is my first internship and, although I’m only three weeks in, I can tell I’m going to learn A LOT here. My internship is with the agency’s account department, which acts as an intermediary between the client and the agency. So much of what they do boils down to communication — merging perspectives, communicating with the media and creative teams, and being able to “sell” the agency’s campaign to clients. 

Being a communication studies and journalism major, I admittedly have had a limited exposure to the advertising field. However, Quinlan has offered an incredibly supportive environment for learning. In my first few days here, I’ve met with almost everyone in the office to better understand their roles and how they contribute to the overall success of the agency. I can tell that everyone genuinely wants me to be a part of as much as possible, which is a great feeling.

I also already have my feet wet in a few different projects! I’ve been helping conduct client research and working with the content marketing coordinator to develop a blog, which I’m especially excited for. On top of all that, I’m working on becoming Inbound Marketing certified through Hubspot and reading the book, “Ogilvy on Advertising,” which was lended to me by my supervisor. My day-to-day assignments can vary, but I’m taking them as they come and excited for what the future holds for me at Quinlan!