This semester, AWMC took a field trip to New Era. We got to tour the building, sit with a panel discussion, and at the end we were able to chat one on one with professionals. It was a really great experience and a fun way to see the behind the scenes of New Era Cap!

During the panel, the professionals offered up great advice and tips on how to start a career, and then work our way up. I learned how important it is to always push yourself and continue to grow throughout your experience holding different positions.

One of the women actually worked at the Martin Group–where I am currently interning! It was nice to talk to her about our shared experiences and how great the company is. She also gave me some advice moving forward and really figuring out what I want to do.

Networking can be really scary and nerve-racking at first! There’s so much to talk about, but you don’t know where or even how to start. AWMC has really helped me put myself out there in the professional world and I am extremely grateful I was able to go on this trip!