The networking event I attended was at Cornerstone CFCU Arena. Over the course of winter break, I have been doing freelance work for my previous internship supervisor and the Executive Director of the ice arena, and she invited me to come and listen to a presentation that they held at the arena on Wednesday, January 8th. Representatives from local organizations in Lockport and Buffalo came to listen to the presentation about Beds for Buffalo, a project presented by the Service Collaborative of WNY. There were about 25 attendees and everyone sat around a long table, while some people sat at smaller tables near the walls, facing a projector and screen. Before the presentation began, we went around the room and everyone had a chance to talk about what they do at their organization and how they help the people in their community. It was interesting to learn about the local organizations that I had never heard of before, but have been a part of the Lockport community for many years! When my supervisor had finished talking about the programs at the arena, she introduced me to the room and allowed me to say a bit about my work as a freelance graphic designer, photographer, and commercial filmmaker. I mentioned that I had brought business cards if anyone would want one, and after the presentation, I was able to talk to a couple of people who came up to me and asked me for one. I spoke with the presenter for a moment before he left and let him know that I’m taking my core capstone in the spring semester, Social Documentary, where we may be making a short documentary about a local organization or program and I would love to interview them about it for the video. He gave me his email and I will definitely shoot him a message once I learn more about the class! Overall, it was a very beneficial experience, as I’m glad I was able to talk with my previous supervisor, learn about local organizations who work to benefit the community, possibly gained an idea for the final project in Social Documentary, and to have finally distributed some business cards that I’ve been meaning to hand out!