My name is Madeline and last week I started my internship at The Martin Group! They are a full service communications firm, but my role is within their Public Relations sector of the company. My “official” title is the Public Relations and Social Media Intern.

This is my third, and most likely final internship, (I graduate in December)! Over the summer, I interned at M&T Bank in their Corporate Communications department and they are a client of The Martin Group, so that is actually how I landed this internship. I have worked with their PR team before, so that definitely helped with my transition into this role.

So far, I have been helping my supervisor with anything he needs, which has included writing media advisories, calling media outlets and researching possible markets to pitch for new clients. I have also been meeting with different members of the team to get to know them and what they do, but also what software they use so that I can become familiar with it as well.

I’ve had a great first few days and I’m really excited for this experience this semester. I am looking forward to learning even more about PR and what direction I want to go in after graduation!