Hello guys and gals!

I just finished up my first internship at United Talent Staffing LLC in Charleston, WV last week and I must say the goodbyes were quite bittersweet. I really grew to like the office I was in and all the people that ran it every day.

As I said in my previous blog post, I was working in the HR department and took over the roles and responsibilities of the HR coordinator while someone was on maternity leave. I wasn’t all on my own though, I had the Vice President of HR to oversee anything major that I had to do and to answer any questions that I might have had. I do feel that towards the end of my internship I had gotten better and was even good at what I was doing. I knew the practices and procedures that had to be done on a day to day basis and I didn’t even need to refer to the standards of procedures that I had or the extensive notes that I took. The experience helped me realize that I could work in HR and enjoy it.

On my last day interning at United Talent, everyone in the office got together and threw me a going away party. They got me a cake and so many West Virginian presents and I was so grateful. They all signed a card and gave it to me as well.

The cake the staff got me (Sorry it’s sideways!!)

Everyone watched as I opened the presents they got me and they all said that they would miss me a lot. When all was said and done and we were about to eat the cake, they asked me to give a speech. (Thank God for Dr. August’s public speaking course!) I gave a small speech thanking everyone for the experience and everything that they had done for me and then we ate the cake.

This whole experience makes me so happy that I interned at United Talent in Charleston, WV because I think that if I had interned anywhere else, it wouldn’t have been as good as this experience was. The entire staff felt like a team and a family and they really accepted me and made me part of it as well. I am so happy to have had this experience, I wouldn’t trade it for anything because I learned so much that I couldn’t imagine I ever would have, and I will never forget this internship. I hope that you all find an internship in the future that was as good as this one.