The event I attended was WordCamp Buffalo which was a gathering of professional designers and developers who held presentations on specific WordPress topics. There were two tracks of speakers from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. The speakers would talk for about 40 minutes then answer questions at the end. The speakers included Canisius’ own professors such as my favorite Ben Dunkle and former professor Jonathan Lawrence. I liked this event because the speakers picked topics they were passionate about. This made the presentations much more authentic and interesting. This event benefited me because I met a lot of nice people, developed a drive to want to go to more web design conferences, and obtained knowledge. While having lunch I got the chance to meet many nice people who helped run the event. I also met a few Buffalo State students who were kind and outgoing. I’m excited about the experience and will look out for more web design events. I think it is important to immerse yourself in these kinds of events because it shows other people in your field you are truly interested in learning things and meeting people.

EVENT DETAILS:

Saturday, April 19, 2019

Buffalo State College Bugler Autrium 

$20 admission 

Two “tracks”  of speakers that went on from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm

Free lloyds and free gear!