I got the chance to explore the historic building that lies here in Buffalo: Shea’s Performing Arts Center. I went on April 2nd with the AWMC club. I am a co-president of that club and helped decided where we were going to visit this semester. We received a tour of the whole building where we got to see all of the glamorous decor. Some of the decor was original (like the high chairs and matching benches), while some of it had to be reconstructed to the best of their ability (painting on the walls, and the curtains). About ten people from AWMC attended this event, even some members I had never spoken with before. It was nice to discuss topics that interested all of us because we were all in communications. While we were at Shea’s we met with the marketing coordinator, a tour guide, and an events coordinator and fundraising person for Shea’s. We learned what it takes to raise money to keep Shea’s up and running. I learned that it can take a lot of work and that I don’t think I would like doing that as a future job. I do think it would be fun to work for Shea’s, though, and help create magical evenings for people in Buffalo, just maybe not event planning.