I attended a Networking Event on Friday, April 20th, which was the Athletic Banquet for Sheridan College. The banquet was held at the Oakville Conference Centre located in Oakville, Ontario, Canada. The banquet began with a brief introduction made by the head of the Athletic department followed by the first course of the evening. Throughout the night, awards were given to athletes – both males and females – along with speeches made by coaches and members of the athletic department. There was also a yearly video shown at the end of the night. People that attended were student athletes from first year students to seniors that were part of the college sports teams.

I benefited from the experience because I assisted in the planning and coordination of the event and was able to see how the plan was executed that evening. This event was a great opportunity for me to participate in and network as I was able to engage and have good conversations with several people within the department and the OCAA (Ontario College Athletic Association).