During the semester I was very nervous about finding a networking event that I thought would really be a great stepping stone for after I graduate. My friend Tom out of the blue asked me if I wanted to go to a networking event with him because he had extra tickets and I saw no reason to decline. On March 15th I attended Buffalo’s inaugural SmarTech at the Seneca Atrium and it was a really great time.

While there, I was able to meet and greet with those in the marketing and advertising industry in Buffalo NY, and all over the US. The event offered free refreshments such as Lloyds and and beer from Resurgence Brewing. In the beginning I felt very nervous  to approach the professionals but did a few power stances in the mirror and realized how fantabulous I looked and kept it moving. I was able to talk to a few people from different companies and even ran into a few people that I have seen from my school. I was able to listen to a panel of global leaders in the fields of technology, sales, and marketing. I felt so happy to attend an event that I feel can really help me once I return from my service in Florida.