I attended Network After Work’s networking event on Wednesday, November 15th after class with Mike Bongiovanni from Invue Digital. It was held at Statler City in Downtown Buffalo in the bar area and seemed to have a small turnout. Unlike other networking events that I have attended, this one had colored name tags geared to your profession so that you would know who to network with. The downfall of this was that it made it difficult to tell who worked where if they had another color because there were so many colors. Everyone was free to walk around and interact with whomever they pleased. This event was very small so I felt as though there were not many people in my field to converse with. I met a fellow graphic designer with a gorgeous business card that she handed to Mike. Everyone that I talked to was there in search of a job and I did not meet anyone that was higher up “in the ranks” in my profession. Maybe, I just did not meet the right people. Overall, I did not come out with much from this experience other than getting to talk a lot with Mike about what he’s been doing at Invue and asking him some things that would be helpful for my interview assignment in December. I hope that I can attend more successful events in the future where there will be more opportunities to meet people in business rather then people only looking for jobs.