Wednesday May 3rd was my last day interning at Nichols School in their admissions department. Over the past five months I was given the opportunity to take a look into the inner workings of independent school admissions. While there I worked on multiple tasks, including blog posts, student questionnaire, guidelines for a social media contest, as well as writing a referral letter. Although the internship was not exactly what I was expecting due to the fact I more in marketing as opposed to the PR side of communications, I still enjoyed my time at Nichols. The women that I worked with in the office were extremely welcoming from the very beginning and made me feel comfortable. One of the most rewarding aspects of my internship occurred on the last day, actually. In the very beginning of the internship my advisor, Nina Barone, asked me to write a referral letter for the Chinese Club of Western New York. The Chinese teacher at Nichols informed the office that people within the community were interested in receiving a little more information about Nichols. I composed the letter with the help of Nina and it was sent out in early February. This past Wednesday Nina filled me in on the news that two students from the Chinese Club of Western New York had actually started the admissions process to Nichols. It was a rewarding feeling to see the hard work I put into the letter pay off and actually help Nichols in a tangible way.

Interning at Nichols has allowed me to gain real world experience and create connections that will last a lifetime. I am very thankful for all the different opportunities Nichols has given me.