For my networking event participation I attended the Communication and Leadership Panel hosted by the Com&Lead department. This event took place on Thursday February 15, at 5 p.m. in the Grupp Fireside Lounge. This was a panel discussion on building community which featured several alumni of the Canisius Communication and Leadership Graduate Program: Erin Hartnett, Erin Harvey, Kate Heidinger, and Matt Gorczyca. I do believe that there were more panelists but unfortunately I only have one email that still has their names. The Communication Department’s wonderful GA Emily was hosting the event as well.

Emily had a list of questions and she allowed panelists to answer freely out of order to give everyone a chance to gather their thoughts. The questions ranged from asking about how the alumni got the careers that they currently hold to what they took away from their experiences in the Communication and Leadership Graduate Program. All of the panelists were extremely well prepared and mannered, they each had very interesting responses and stories of how they got to where they were and what helped them the most to get there.

The majority of the people in the audience I would assume were there for similar reasons as myself, to gather insight on the Graduate program and to determine if this was a program that would suit and benefit them. While at the event I was able to introduce myself to a couple of the panelists and I was also presented with the opportunity to finally meet Dr. Hartman who I had been meaning to cross paths with so this was very beneficial and a perfect environment for the two of us to meet.