After handing in my vaccination records and a trip to Walgreens to get a flu shot, my internship at Roswell Park Cancer has finally started! Since this is not my first internship, I think it is really rewarding to reflect on how far I have come since my first internship.

When I think back to how I felt going into my internship last year, the first thing that comes to mind is how I am much less nervous. Even though I was a little anxious to get started with this new opportunity, I think I’ve gained the confidence to go into new situations without doubting myself. This definitely makes the post-grad job search a little less scary!

As a Marketing & Communications intern in the internal communications department, it is my job to complete any tasks that my advisor has for me. So far, this has included re-writing articles for the employee blog and updating doctors’ profiles on the website.

This type of internship is new to me because it deals with the internal public of public relations. At my previous internships, they were more focused on the news media and clients. When you’re focused on employees, a whole new perspective is needed.

It think that this experience is very valuable because it will help me expand what I know from my other internships and also public relations as a whole. All this practice will only help me become a better writer with each article I write. I can’t wait to see what else this semester will have in store!