I began my internship at SofTrek Corporation a few weeks ago in the middle of January. As the graphic design and web design intern for the marketing department, I have spent my time at SofTrek delving not only into creative tasks on the front end, but also into the more technical side. Most of the work that I have been doing thus far has been concerned with getting things in order for SofTrek’s redesign. My part has been to research current design trends, test out their new website before it goes live, as well as my favorite task thus far, which was to come up with a new design for their media kit. Since I’m interning for the marketing department in a small company, rather than a design agency, most of my tasks aren’t creating new graphics or designing things, so leading the redesign for the media kit and finally powering up the Adobe creative suite put me back in my comfort zone. Overall, I like my internship, there’s always plenty of work to do to keep me busy, and the few people that I have met have been nothing but welcoming. I look forward to seeing what else they throw at me.