Hello from a first time intern.  After two weeks of spending time at Buffalo Game Space, I can correctly say that this is going to be an interesting experience. Buffalo Game Space is a non-profit organization that dedicates their time to help people make video games, by offering  educational, mentor-ship, and equipment resources to professional and up-and-coming game developers.

On my first day, I was able to install software I need to complete my internship goal and met my new boss, John Futscher. John is an awesome mentor since he is more than willing to help fix issues, see if an idea is good or bad, and checks on my progress. For example, he took the time to sit down and discuss what I want to get out of this internship. My goal is to develop a game into a functional, playable demo from a basic concept on paper into a three-dimensional game, which happens to be what I precisely need to accomplish for this internship.  John allowed me to use a game I had previously started. We developed a checklist of what I need to improve,such as fix coding issues, add details, and work through the story-line. I am so grateful that John and Buffalo Game Space is bringing me one step closer to creating a game of my very own.  After my first day, I have steadily worked on the checklist to move forward independently and make the most out of this opportunity.

In addition, I have  had the pleasure of meeting other interns who are in the process of developing their own games. It is nice to have others to bounce ideas off of and collaborate with. I look forward to my progress at Buffalo Game Space.

.