I attended a networking event a few weeks ago that was put on by the Women in Business organization at Canisius. At the event there were women who had graduated from Canisius years ago and now were leading successful lives with successful careers. The main speaker was former executive vice president and chief administrative officer of Rich Products, Maureen Hurley. She discussed the importance of mentors in a young professional’s life and gave advice on finding a mentor. After this discussion we did speed networking where we talked to one of the women for 5 minutes and basically delivered our elevator speech. After receiving some feedback and advice we would move on to the next woman. This was fun and I was able to meet a lot of extremely inspiring women. I got some great advice that I intend to use as I graduate college and start my professional career. I am glad I attended this event because it was very helpful and also very inspiring. The women who attended this event had great jobs and were able to have a successful career despite the obstacles that many women encounter in the workplace.