The semester is off to a great start as I settle in to my internship at Ronco Communications. Since this is my second internship, I had some idea of what I was getting into but still was excited to begin interning for a new company. Ronco Communications is a local company that specializes in unified communications systems. Though the company’s main headquarters is located in Tonawanda, other offices are located across the east coast including offices in Vermont and Florida.

My job at Ronco Communications is titled marketing intern. As a marketing intern my tasks, so far, have included research to determine top competitors, proof reading and writing blog posts, and submitting applications for bid proposals. Before working at Ronco, I did not know what unified communications was or how beneficial it is to businesses. After beginning, I realized how I probably have used Ronco products throughout my life without even knowing. This made me even more excited to continue working as I have a better understanding of the products sold, and even their function both in businesses and in school settings.

I am looking forward to learning more, and improving my writing skills throughout my internship this semester. I can already tell that working at Ronco Communications will be informative and fun!