The networking event I attended this semester was the Canisius College Griff Fair. The event was held in the beginning of March in the commons area of Science Hall. The area was filled with over fifty businesses to meet with. Students checked in and received a program of what businesses were there to check out. The tables were in in alphabetical order in rows to try and make it less congested. Personally I arrived as the fair was just starting in order to talk with all the employers I wanted and to also not have to wait in long lines to talk to someone. Before going I had researched which companies would be attending, then found the ones I felt would be beneficial to meet with for the field I want to go into and so I would not waste time with employers I felt I had no interest in. Some of the employers I met with were the Seneca Casino, the Hyatt, Chautauqua Institution, Team Bonders, Univera Heath, Catholic Charities, and a few more. As the time went on more students started to fill the room so I was very happy I got there when I did so I had the opportunity to meet one on one with employers. I gave out my resume to each employer so they had it for their records and took business cards when given the opportunity. I thought the Griff Fair was a great networking experience to have and would recommend that students attend in the future. It made me more confident with putting myself out there while making connections with employers in the event planning industry. The more employers I met with, the less nervous I was to talk with them as time went on. I think it was one of the most beneficial events that Canisius has had.