There are many networking events and opportunities at Canisius College. Earlier this semester I was able to attend the Canisius College Griff Fair that was held on Wednesday, March 9th in Science Hall, and there were over 70 employers in attendance. By going to the event you were entered to win an iPad Air and other prizes. Unfortunately, I didn’t win a prize, but I did get to meet a ton of people who were interested in hiring Canisius College students. I’m graduating in May, so it put my mind at ease to see all of the different organizations—M&T, Ingram Micro, Catholic Charities, etc.—interested in taking resumes and applications from the Canisius community.
Before the event, I printed up 15 copies of my resume. I wore professional clothing—a simple black dress, a blazer, and some black flats. I got to meet several different HR representatives, and many of them were eager to learn more about my background. I handed out a total of 13 of my resumes. I got phone calls and emails from about 8 of those 13. I went on 2 different job interviews, and I am waiting to hear back.

This career fair really boosted my confidence. Everyone worries about finding a job after graduation, and Canisius has the connections and resources available help make that happen. What’s even better is that so many of the employers in attendance were based right here in Buffalo. For many people, they are trying to stay in the area. Being a Canisius graduate helps to secure a job locally, if that’s what you want. I feel confidant that I will be able to find an opportunity for work in the Buffalo area.