On Thursday March 3rd, I attended the “Internship Fair at the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus”. This event took place at the Dig Innovation Canter in Downtown Buffalo and allowed me to interact with several businesses that are a part of the Buffalo Medial Campus. Some businesses were formed in the innovation center, while others like Blue Cross Blue Shield had representatives to network with. I was able to connect with Latashia Martin, Lindsey Ziccardi and representatives from Blue Cross Blue Shield.

Latashia Martin, a Corporate Career agent, described how she offers services to help both individuals and organizations develop strong relationships with others to improve business partnerships. We spoke about how beneficial this is to clients and the opportunities to connect with a position in this company. Lindsey Ziccardi from the Company-Clearview Social described how Clearview Social developed and the extensive role Marketing has within the company. I also had the opportunity to connect with representatives from Blue Cross Blue Shield. After introductions, they pulled up a position relevant to my experience on their iPad and informed me how this website is updated multiple times on a daily basis.

With these connections, having my business card was very helpful and allowed me to show professionalism. This networking event was very beneficial and allowed me to connect with companies and see the Dig Innovation Center first-hand.