I started at Luminus two weeks ago. Before I even went, I was excited to start here because I really like their website. It is very modern and has nice illustrations, which really make it unique. This is the kind of style I like so I was looking forward to see what I could learn from them.

On starting, this is definitely different than my other internships. I am not really an “intern” but more like a student. I am not tasked with filing, or minor editing, or picking up leftover client work that needs to be finished. The guys at Luminus are making the internship about me and offering to help me with anything I want to learn. So, really, it is like going to a workshop or class every time. I like this because I have already learned new things and I feel like I will be taking a lot away.

One of my “projects” that I will be working on through the semester is to re-do my own portfolio website. The guys took the time to review the whole thing and gave me a lot of tips on how to really represent myself well in finding a position for front-end development. This project is really important to me because when looking for a job, my website portfolio will be one of the best ways to represent myself and display my coding skills.